DanceLove

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Big Finish...

Well my time here is almost up and while I would love to stay and see more, I want to go home because I miss the snuggles and cuddles from The Unknown and the kitties. We have another show tonight, our last, it's supposed to be a social commentary on the war and 911 and the government. It's "envisioned" by JA (CAL's husband).

Tomorrow will be our last day in the city before we leave on Sunday...so for my possible last post here in Poland I give the Bathroom Situation and the Show...

The Bathroom Situation...

When we first arrived at our Communist Block room we were surprised at how old it all looked, but A and I decided to tough it out. The fist morning our shower broke (it wouldn't shut off), and after gesturing the problem to our desk attendant, they ran to fix it, but instead they broke it. We then had to turn the shower on and off with the valve by the hot water heater. Well after two days of that, the valve started to leak, leaving a giant puddle of water on the floor of our room. Finally four days into our stay, we have a working shower, a semi flushing toilet, no curtains, and bad lighting.

The Show...

Our first show here in Nowa Huta, Poland was our collaboration piece of Mozart's The Dissonant, and another piece by our accompanying company. It was the best performance we've had here and a good show for me to end on, no mistakes, no stress, just having fun on stage.

I'm sad that the show tonight will be my last experience dancing with everyone here. The dancers are great and we've bonded throughout our communist detention here in Nowa Huta, but it sucks that I have to end on such an unfortunate show. I really have a hard time with the subject matter, the production (producers), and the music (they use actual 911 calls and recordings of those falling to their deaths out of the towers).

For now that's the story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home