DanceLove

Friday, August 24, 2007

stinky...sweaty...starving...

We had our first performance last night with an unorganized four hour rehearsal prior (with only a small breakfast in my tummy). It was the first rehearsal where both companies worked together. Let's just say it was a tiring sweaty event.

The show went great, there were a few bumps...mostly buy us. The other company is very professional and would never admit to making mistakes. I think I'll adopt their way of thinking. The show went by so fast and we were lucky enough to have a full audience and a 2nd bow. The musicians played perfectly, and surprisingly they were all so young. Afterwards my roommate, A, and I went out for a late dinner (because we were both starving) and we found a pub with...PIZZA yeah. So we topped the night off with good pizza and a cold Polish beer. That pizza was the most satisfying thing I had eaten since breakfast on Tuesday. Thankfully I was thinking ahead and ordered a large so I'd have leftovers for today.

Now it's almost noon, and A and I have already been up and out to breakfast (fruit crepes, yum) and shopping.

I don't know how I'm going to get everything back into my suitcase...but I'll just worry about that next week.

Tonight is our last performance in Poznan, and then tomorrow we have the whole day free in the city before we take a night train to Krakow. I'm going to try and take a "Modern Jazz Underground" dance class tomorrow, as part of the festival. I hope I don't totally suck. Then hopefully tomorrow night we'll get to see the final performance of the festival danced by the host company.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home