DanceLove

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Observation and Positive Thinking...

While the only thing I've done since my last post is perform, I still have a need to rid myself of the negative and focus on the positive.

Positives:

  • I was asked to perform in Poland.
  • I've never been to Europe, and I was able to dance in Europe.
  • I'm having fun onstage, and I'm enjoying my time with our companion company.
  • There has been minimal drama.
  • Surprisingly the only real drama queen has been CAL.
  • Next week I'm only obligated for 4 hours a day, so I get to be a tourist the rest of the time.

While I'm thinking positively, here are some observations about the city of Poznan.

  • There is no litter on the streets, they're all nearly spotless, yet there are no public trash bins on the sidewalk.
  • The vegetarian options aren't too bad, you just have to know where to go.
  • There is music everywhere. Yesterday, we heard American top 40 classics in all the shops followed by the Polish top 40 at a concert sound check across the street from our hotel, then at the cafe in the square we were treated to a wandering Polish Klezmer Mariachi ensemble.
  • Dance is everywhere, on the TV in the papers, and advertised on large billboards.
  • They eat ice cream at any hour. I've seen them eat it early in the morning to late at night.
  • While there are a lot of cars, there are a ton of pedestrians. And if you aren't paying attention, you just might get hit in the middle of the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home