DanceLove

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hip-Hop Workshop...

Hip-Hop is a new passion of mine, I came to the style late, and because of that sometimes my authenticity looks a little to graceful when I attempt this dance style. To harden the edges I try to take as often as I can, and I like to experiment with my own Hip-Hop style.



This last Friday I jumped at the opportunity to take a Hip-Hop workshop.





Amy O'neal is a visiting artist/performer/presenter/teacher from Seattle. She's in town to perform for PICA's TBA festival. While here group's presentation for TBA is multimedia/modern dance (I think), she offered a Hip-Hop workshop at Conduit.



I haven't taken a Hip-Hop class in about...3 months, but I figured since I start teaching it again later this week, I should brush up on my moves. I usually take from Mariecella Devine at her studio Devine Funk.



Amy O'neal's style is described as "bottom-heavy funk" (sounds like fun), but I think it's more of an Old School subtle pop Hip-Hop. Either way I had fun and my brain definitely got a work out.



If you're in the Seattle area, drop by Amy's class at Velocity. And if you're in Portland stop by Mariecella's at Devine Funk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home